Sponsored by Olio Digital Labs
Thanks to Techdoz.ca for the loan of the Snowball Blue Mic
Hosts & Guests
- Jayme Cousins is a father, husband, geek and operator of multiple businesses from their world headquarters in beautiful downtown Komoka, Ontario just outside of London. His daily business is a boutique web development firm called In House Logic which specializes in custom-built web sites for small businesses and organizations. He is a regular speaker at the London Small Business Centre and has taught a range of tech courses at Fanshawe College and elsewhere.
- Full disclosure – he’s known Stu for decades and did vote for Derek at the last municipal election.
- BCE completes acquisition of MTS and forms Bell MTS in Manitoba
- Feds unveil new fines, tighter rules for drones flown too close to airports
- U.S. Plans to Charge Four People Over Yahoo Hacking
- Google offers more control, after ads on offensive content leads to brand boycott
- Teams, Microsoft’s Slack rival, opens to all Office 365 users
- Guyana tribe goes hi-tech to protect its land
- National Lacrosse League and Twitter announce exclusive live streaming partnership
Stuff We Like
- Stuart – Hoopla
- Derek – Oristand
- Password managers (LastPass – yes, again – for helping manage seniors’ and kids’ accounts through sharing features).
- Also https://www.fairphone.com/en/ (modular mid-range smartphones with socially aware and fair supply chains).
What are you up to lately?
- Stuart – Did some photography this weekend, (the first time in a while). More unpacking and purging, still working my way through “Designing Your Life.” Prepping for London Public Library Board Meetings this week.
- Derek – Still learning Python, plotting a new startup, helping Kathleen plot her own startup, signing kids up for sports and such, started using my GitLab account and set up two repositories for my startup.
- Work: recent launch of Advantage-Clinical.com (clinical research study training) and about to launch an updated version of a classical music-related site this week. Dealing with user panic over browsers claiming sites are “not safe”. Also, presenting a Search Engine Optimization seminar on March 30 through the Small Business Centre (tickets still available at either SBCentre.ca or InHouseLogic.com)
- Personal: Started learning a new kata, Heather starts a new contract tomorrow, getting KubCars ready for my son and I, and we’re getting a new puppy next weekend.
Don’t forget to review us on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Stitcher, or wherever else you get your podcasts. Please retweet us when we tweet about new episodes on Twitter, share them on Facebook and Google+, or tell a friend!
You can also follow and like our page on Facebook. Or send us an email to let us know what you think!
“District Four” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
The post CTP Ep. 108 – Mar 19, 2017: Windows Phone Users are the 1% appeared first on Canadian Tech Podcast.